Leading the way for over 40 years
Four decades of rich experience in high quality through hole PCB assembly services and manufacturing, is what defines Mer-Mar Electronics! Our USP lies in being equipped with state-of-the-art equipment as also with an experienced team. Importantly on account of the extensive work that we do across industries, we are armed with invaluable industry best practices that ensure that you do not need to reinvent the wheel, when it comes to quality PCB solutions. When you are looking for high-quality PCB assembly solutions which are error-free and are offered with a quick turnaround time, Mer-Mar Electronics is the go-solution.
A modern PCB assembly design has two main methods for mounting components onto a PCB: Through-Hole Mounting and Surface Mounting. We at Mer-Mar Electronics have the necessary expertise in both. In fact, despite the rising popularity of SMT on account of miniaturization of products, through hole PCB assembly technology has held its own on account of the reliability offered by it. Whereas SMT components are secured only by solder on the surface of the board, in case of through-hole components, the leads run through the board, allowing for stronger connections. At Mer-Mar Electronics, we offer a complete range of through-hole capabilities including auto-insertion of components, manual, wave, and selective soldering. Our through hole assembly services are the first choice for products in the military and aerospace industry, on account of their high heat tolerance. Additionally, if your requirement is that of large components that need to withstand high voltage, we are a reliable one-stop shop.
Unmatched Know-How – We are market leaders with our huge body of experience and understanding of industry best practices. Strong investments in best-in-class equipment and qualified experts, make us the go-to partner for your through hole assembly needs.
Compliance with highest industry standards – Our PCBs comply with ANSI/J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610-D standards. We are also an ISO 9001:2015 certified company adhering to the highest quality standards. What you therefore, have, when you deal with us, is complete peace of mind, knowing that you will be offered nothing but the best.
Quick turnaround time – Equipped with automatic insertion equipment for high-speed installation of through-hole components and wave soldering systems, we offer quick turn around time that significantly enhances your go-to-market plans.
Error free PCBs – With our computer-controlled selective soldering machines, we ensure that we offer you error free PCBs, irrespective of whether you need tin-lead or RoHS through-hole assembly. Our stringent testing and inspection capabilities mean any errors are weaned out early and you do not have to deal with costly errors at a later date.
No volume constraints – Whether you are looking for prototype quantities or large product runs, you have a partner in Mer-Mar Electronics. Count on us to stick to our delivery schedules, irrespective of the volumes you require.
Through Hole PCB Assembly Services
We offer substantial protection against physical shock and chemical exposure through our PCB Encapsulation services. This is ideal for environments that have prolonged stress and goes a long way in ensuring optimum performance of the electronics.
The broad steps involved in the manual and automated through-hole assembly include:
- Preparing the bare board.
- Manual or automated insertion of components. High speed installation, requires specialised equipment that can place components axially or radially, as per the design requirements.
- Using reflow oven to fix soldering paste appropriately.
- Manual or automated wave soldering to precisely solder through-hole components.
- The use of advanced aqueous washing systems to remove any contaminants from the circuit boards.
- Detailed inspection using different inspection tools and techniques, such as automated optical inspection, X-ray inspection and more.
- Conformal coating as well as device programming, where needed.
- Shipping and Delivery of final through hole PCB assembly.
- In-Circuit Testing: Widely in use for high volume production lines, they help check the soldering and components.
- Automated Optical Inspection: With this inspection, you can rest assured that there are no soldering or component defects.
- Automated X-Ray Inspection (AXI): Known to improve the quality of through-hole circuit, it inspects for short circuits, fills and more.
- Burn-in Tests: These tests are crucial in that they test the reliability of the PCB in the real time environment.
- Assisted Visual Inspection: Visual inspection by experts helps check accuracy of soldering as well as placement of components.
The above robust testing methodologies will ensure that you receive error free PCBs and that you do not need to deal with costly errors at a later stage when your product has hit the market.
At Mer-Mar Electronics, we have the following through-hole assembly capabilities:
- Manual and automated insertion of Components
- Hand Soldering
- Double Wave Flow Solder
- Selective Solder
- Legacy Assembly or RoHS Soldering
- Inspection and functional testing
- Conformal Coating
- Device Programming
|Components||Connectors and terminals BGA, μBGA, QFN, Leadless chips Fine pitch to 8 Mils|
|Board Types||Copper Core PCB, Aluminium PCB, Rigid-flex boards, Rigid FR-4 PCB|
|Board Shape||Slots and Cut outs Rectangular Complex and Irregular Round|
|Assembly Process||Leaded process, Lead-Free (RoHS)|
|Board Dimensions||Largest size: 15″ x 20″ Smallest size: 0.2″ x 0.2″|
|Design File Format||Centroid (Pick-N-Place/XY file), BOM (Bill of Materials) (.xls, .csv, .xlsx) Gerber RS-274X|
Through Hole PCB Assembly finds extensive application in industries where the application needs to bear extreme acceleration, high temperatures, high voltage, collisions and more. Besides this, through-hole assembly is also suitable for testing and prototyping where manual adjustments are required. The industries include:
- IPC-A-610 Class 2 or 3
- IPC-7711 class 2 or 3
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 13485:2016
- UL standards
- RoHS compliant
- ITAR certified
Looking for through hole PCB assembly services, plated through hole printed circuit boards or custom printed circuit board assemblies from Mer-Mar Electronics? Send us inquiry to Get a Quick PCB Assembly Quote based on your custom requirements.
If you have any queries regarding our through hole PCB assembly services or need an urgent assistance, then please don’t hesitate to contact our team of skilled personnel. Send us an email with your queries at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (760) 244-6149. We are looking forward to hearing from you.